Pages

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Holiday Knitting Challenge

This post is inspired by JD Knitter. I even shamelessly copy her title.. though my goal is nothing compared with hers.

Anyway, here's my first-ever Holiday Knitting Challenge:

(1) Two Scarves

(2)  Three Shawls/Shawlettes

(3) A pair of gloves (For DH. So I don't need to meet postal deadline)

(4) A Sweater (this one is for myself. And I plan to use Unspun Lopi held double or triple. Should be easy and fast I guess? So it's the last of the list. I can start it after mid December)

I still have about seven weeks left. It means,  have to finish one item every week, on average.

I'll start with something super easy. How easy? You'll see when I post my next FO pic. :)

But the most challenging part is...

I'LL KNIT THEM ALL FROM OF MY STASH.

YEAH. U HEAR ME. NO NEW YARN PURCHASE.

Time to dig out some old Cascade Ecological Wool...

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA awesome!
    And about using your stash --- I'm kind of doing the same! I'm only buying new yarns if I think I'll run out. I've been doing this since August, and my stash went from 4 boxes to 2 boxes. =D

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll try to bring down my stash too! I reckon as long as I keep myself busy knitting, I spend less time think about stashing!

    I just cast on my gift #1 this morning... long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I just got more yarns today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please don't tell me what you've got! Don't tempt me!! :P

    ReplyDelete